The liquor law and licensing practice helps clients obtain, transfer and protect their licenses to sell alcoholic beverages. Our clients include restaurants, bars and private clubs. Avoiding liquor licensing mistakes and other problems is vital to the profitability and viability of such businesses.
Attorney Michelle Calvert heads up the liquor law and licensing practice area. Ms. Calvert has an extensive transactional practice that includes representing many of the largest liquor licensees in Lebanon County. She has considerable experience in the purchase, sale, renewal and valuation of liquor licenses as well as in handling cases involving liquor license non-renewals and citation, enforcement and forfeiture matters.
We counsel a variety of clients involved in the sale and service of alcohol including those interested in starting a business. Our comprehensive services include:
- Business formation and organizational matters for liquor license applicants and purchasers
- Liquor license applications
- Transfers and extensions of premises applications
- Appeal of denial decisions
- Licensee management and staff training on compliance issues
- License renewal problems
- Response to complaints, citations, or notices of violation or non-renewal
- Defense of violations on matters ranging from serving underage or intoxicated patrons to nuisance bar actions and tax enforcement
Liquor laws in Pennsylvania are changing. This creates new opportunities for the sale of beer, wine and other alcoholic beverages and requires current sellers to be diligent in monitoring legal developments. The attorneys at Reilly Wolfson are equipped to meet the needs of liquor license holders and applicants.